verb[with object] humorous, chiefly North American
Disconcert or confuse (someone): this attitude totally discombobulated Bruce (as adjective discombobulated) he is looking a little pained and discombobulated
More example sentences
- Now that I'm in Vermont and earning money, I'm completely discombobulated.
- I was slightly discombobulated, turning around several times to make sure whom they were addressing.
- Being around him discombobulates her to no end.
- Example sentences
- It's the kind of pleasant discombobulation you get from a midway hall of mirrors.
- But the 39-year-old comedian's unsettled nature seems to run deeper than mere discombobulation at missing an appointment.
- It's a slightly more melodic piece than what was on Wednesday's program, but the effect of discombobulation was basically the same.
Definition of discombobulate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.