Definition of disconcerting in English:
Causing one to feel unsettled: he had a disconcerting habit of offering jobs to people he met at dinner parties
More example sentences
- People say that he doesn't smile much, but he has a throaty chuckle and the disconcerting habit of laughing when he is cross.
- Molly, a servant, had the disconcerting habit of periodically dropping on her knees for a quick prayer.
- He has a disconcerting habit of talking very seriously and then suddenly withdrawing.
- Example sentences
- My sense of smell suddenly and disconcertingly became acute during the early stages of my second pregnancy and hasn't diminished since.
- And most disconcertingly, exposure to television, these days, is transfiguring into exposure to visuals of violence.
- But the consequences are disconcertingly similar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan