- The first successful oil well in a new field.More example sentences
- The Department of Energy later awarded British Gas the licences to drill where the Morecambe fields lie and the first discovery well was bored in September 1974.
- The Beery place was the location of Shell N.P. No.1, the wildcat strike that became the discovery well for the eastern Montana part of the Williston Basing Drilling commenced May l, 1951.
- In the D - 6 block, the M - 1 exploration discovery well was drilled approximately 19 km SSE of the Dhirubhai field in 1,327 metres of water to a total depth of 2,942 metres.
More definitions of discovery wellDefinition of discovery well in:
- The British & World English dictionary