Leave a ship, aircraft, or other vehicle: the passengers began to disembark
More example sentences
- Only one passenger disembarks and the train goes off, leaving him alone in the cavernous hallways.
- The building which houses the west wing of the hotel was first built in 1935 as a hostel to accommodate passengers disembarking from shipping liners at the port.
- One passenger disembarked from the train while it was still moving and a mother dropped a wheelchair ramp on to her son's foot.
- Example sentences
- He said there were no reports of injuries during disembarkation.
- A sailor who was injured on board a ship at the International port is recovering after an unusual disembarkation.
- Thoughts of my mother's travels preoccupied me intermittently on the train journey to Naples, the point of disembarkation for Antipodean visitors to Rome.
Late 16th century: from French désembarquer, Spanish desembarcar, or Italian disimbarcare, based on Latin barca 'ship's boat'.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.