- Leave a ship, aircraft, or other vehicle: the passengers began to disembarkMore example sentences
- Only one passenger disembarks and the train goes off, leaving him alone in the cavernous hallways.
- The building which houses the west wing of the hotel was first built in 1935 as a hostel to accommodate passengers disembarking from shipping liners at the port.
- One passenger disembarked from the train while it was still moving and a mother dropped a wheelchair ramp on to her son's foot.
- More example sentences
- He said there were no reports of injuries during disembarkation.
- A sailor who was injured on board a ship at the International port is recovering after an unusual disembarkation.
- Thoughts of my mother's travels preoccupied me intermittently on the train journey to Naples, the point of disembarkation for Antipodean visitors to Rome.
late 16th century: from French désembarquer, Spanish desembarcar, or Italian disimbarcare, based on Latin barca 'ship's boat'.