Definition of disinfectant in English:
A chemical liquid that destroys bacteria.
- Avoid strong odors from paint, perfume, hair spray, disinfectants, chemical cleaners, air fresheners, and glues.
- Each vehicle was tested for contamination after cleaning using the current cleaning method of wiping down the interior with liquid disinfectants.
- Bacteria are very sensitive to chemical disinfectants such as chlorine and iodine.
adjectiveBack to top
Causing the destruction of bacteria: cleansing and disinfectant products
More example sentences
- Farm leaders joined with the Department of Agriculture in calling on the public to continue to be on the alert for the disease and to maintain disinfectant measures.
- While nationally the epidemic is on the wane and in the latter stages it still has the potential to be spread, so I would ask everyone involved to keep up with the disinfectant procedures.
- I drove over the foul-smelling, disinfectant bath and then past a taped-off woodland area before parking up among a surprisingly large number of cars.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan