- Withdraw or reduce an investment: the oil industry began to disinvest, and oil share prices have fallen [with object]: they opposed the move to disinvest sharesMore example sentences
- The Prime Minister's announcement of not disinvesting in the oil sector has earned him the loyalty of millions of social activists and public sector employees.
- I seek leave to table the same survey, which shows that the vast majority of businesses are more likely to be investing in growth for the future than disinvesting.
- Employees from a number of state-owned banks in the Punjab city of Jalandar also held a massive demonstration on July 20 against any government moves to privatise, merge or disinvest from the companies.
- More example sentences
- Less commonly noted is that both communities are largely exempt from the threat of economic decline due to corporate disinvestment and capital flight.
- Another flood of businesses and white residents left the city, and attempts at revitalization failed to stem the tide of disinvestment and suburban flight.
- The share of the primary sector is negligible, and from 1996, a small disinvestment in the sector can even be observed.
More definitions of disinvestDefinition of disinvest in:
- The British & World English dictionary