Fail to obey (rules, a command, or someone in authority): around 1,000 soldiers had disobeyed orders and surrendered
More example sentences
- She never disobeyed laws or rules for her own ill-gotten gains, it was just that she was good at it, and it was fun.
- That is what civil disobedience is: disobeying existing laws in order to promote change.
- She had disobeyed a witness summons ordering her to give evidence at the trial.
- Example sentences
- The counter argument, from the disobeyer's point of view, is that the social contract is a fiction as there is no historical evidence of any such agreement ever being entered into.
- Lovers of freedom, lovers of social justice, disarmers, peacekeepers, civil disobeyers, democrats, civil rights activists, and defenders of the environment are legions in a single multiform cause.
- All we need to do is assign teams to organize civil disobeyers for each bridge.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.