Definition of disomy in English:
The condition of having a chromosome represented twice in a chromosomal complement.
- We found that the rate of chromosome I disomy among vik1 spores was indistinguishable from that observed in wild-type strains.
- It may be of interest to examine the sperm of men with different sized Y chromosomes to see whether there is a relationship between the level of sex chromosome disomy and Y chromosome size.
- Some cases of AS result from inheritance of both chromosomes in the 15 pair from the father, an unusual genetic phenomenon known as uniparental disomy.
- Example sentences
- Many polyploids, however, have disomic chromosome behavior.
- Over time, however, diploidization of the genome occurs and disomic segregation becomes prevalent.
- Given that cultivated peanut is a disomic polyploid, 20 linkage groups were expected.
Definition of disomy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia