- A messenger who delivers urgent business documents or military dispatches by motorcycle or (formerly) on horseback.More example sentences
- Titchmarsh carried out his duties as a dispatch rider first on horseback and then on a motorcycle.
- Anybody who wants to be a cycle despatch rider will tend to be a little alternative in their thinking, Mick admits - so it seemed natural to turn to a complementary health centre to keep them in shape.
- A dispatch rider at the start of the First World War, Portal was soon commissioned and then seconded to the Royal Flying Corps in which he served with distinction.
More definitions of dispatch riderDefinition of dispatch rider in:
- The British & World English dictionary