Definition of dispensationalism in English:
Belief in a system of historical progression, as revealed in the Bible, consisting of a series of stages in God’s self-revelation and plan of salvation.
- Literal readings of the Bible predispose fundamentalists to adopt a theology that stresses premillennial dispensationalism, which means they believe in the Second Coming of Jesus as prophesied in the Bible.
- Not only had he retained his evangelical convictions, but made steady progress during those years - rejecting the Scofield Bible's dispensationalism and becoming convinced of the eternal security of the believer.
- Fundamentalists reject a larger portion of secular society, maintain strong commitments to strict literalism, premillenial dispensationalism, and moral traditionalism.
- dispensationalist noun
- Example sentences
- Regardless, I do agree that nineteenth - century dispensationalists reacted against liberal Christian movements - - as my article indicates, the movement has always been reactionary.
- Contrary to Henzel most dispensationalists are not about to abandon the eternal duality with reference to a new heaven and a new earth.
- There are many traditional dispensationalists in the churches and many of them are very devout students of Scripture.
Definition of dispensationalism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.