- Income remaining after deduction of taxes and other mandatory charges, available to be spent or saved as one wishes. Compare with discretionary income.More example sentences
- So when that pensioner in my constituency is paying a third of her income, her disposable income, on council tax, is that social justice?
- Then disposable income for the private sector would clearly be reduced, creating an income effect.
- The poorest fifth in society spent 7.2 percent of their disposable income on council tax in 2000.
More definitions of disposable incomeDefinition of disposable income in:
- The British & World English dictionary