Definition of disquieting in English:
Inducing feelings of anxiety or worry: he found Jean’s gaze disquieting
More example sentences
- Once inside, he experiences a series of disquieting encounters, culminating in a hideous banquet.
- This is a disquieting book with a disturbing message.
- A disquieting and disturbing aspect of the case was that the accused had become an arrestee, detainee and confessor of a crime before he was a suspect.
- Example sentences
- The end result is still disquietingly in-your-face.
- This is being felt by almost all countries disquietingly.
- And there is a disquietingly squeamish quality about them.
Words that rhyme with disquietingwoodcutting
Definition of disquieting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan