Inducing feelings of anxiety or worry: he found Jean’s gaze disquieting
More example sentences
- Once inside, he experiences a series of disquieting encounters, culminating in a hideous banquet.
- This is a disquieting book with a disturbing message.
- A disquieting and disturbing aspect of the case was that the accused had become an arrestee, detainee and confessor of a crime before he was a suspect.
- More example sentences
- The end result is still disquietingly in-your-face.
- This is being felt by almost all countries disquietingly.
- And there is a disquietingly squeamish quality about them.
Definition of disquieting in:
- The British & World English dictionary