- He makes his living writing term papers and dissertations before he gets recruited by a spy agency and sent all over the world by them.
- She is prolific, with dozens of titles to her credit and several doctoral dissertations and academic titles written on her work.
- At the end there are 11 items for discussion, much as one finds in university dissertations.
- Example sentences
- Novelty of a dissertational work and its theme should be closely connected.
- Under the existing law the dissertational councils can be created only in the institutions, which provide postgraduate study in different fields.
Early 17th century (in the sense 'discussion, debate'): from Latin dissertatio(n-), from dissertare 'continue to discuss', from disserere 'examine, discuss'.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.