- A method of studying in which lectures are broadcast or classes are conducted by correspondence or over the Internet, without the student’s needing to attend a school or college. Also called distance education.More example sentences
- They can be full-time, part-time, delivered through local further education colleges, or distance learning.
- The students' opinions of distance learning versus traditional methods yielded mixed results.
- I looked into a few non-traditional distance learning programs, and found a great one at Goddard College.
More definitions of distance learningDefinition of distance learning in:
- The British & World English dictionary