- An athlete who competes in long- or middle-distance races.More example sentences
- He is only 22 and well down the road to surpassing Gebrselassie as the greatest distance runner of all time.
- She's at a stage in her career when, as a distance runner, she's got plenty left in her.
- Growing up a skinny kid in New Jersey, I had no dates, social skills nor athletic talents and therefore was encouraged to become a distance runner.
More definitions of distance runnerDefinition of distance runner in:
- The British & World English dictionary