- 1Having had its normal pattern or function disrupted: disturbed sleepMore example sentences
- Other symptoms that are common include sensitivity to light, noise and smell; disturbed sleep patterns and persistent headaches.
- Obstruction to breathing causes snoring and disturbed sleep patterns.
- They also showed that after he drank alcohol his sleep pattern was disturbed.
- 1.1Suffering or resulting from emotional and mental problems: the treatment of disturbed children disturbed behaviorMore example sentences
- A disturbed mental state will often result in an unhappy and ineffective athlete which alone usually indicates overtraining.
- Internal reliability of the CDI has been demonstrated with both normal and emotionally disturbed children.
- The chaotic design of the robe suggests Bruno's disturbed mental state and the anarchy he will impose upon Guy's life.