A synthetic compound used as a reagent for the analysis and separation of lead and other metals.
- Alternative name: diphenylthiocarbazone; chemical formula: C13H12N4S
More example sentences
- Soluble mercury contents in Baochi San, Xiaoer Zhibon Ding and Xiaoer Baishou Dan have been determined using dithizone method.
- The color resulting from the formation of the inner salt complex between dithizone and the lead cation is maintained,.
- The dithizone heavy metal reagent allows the detection of free heavy metal ions in bodily liquids like urine and saliva.
1920s: from elements of the systematic name (see above).
More definitions of dithizoneDefinition of dithizone in:
- The British & World English dictionary