Definition of dittany in English:
Any of a number of aromatic herbaceous or shrubby plants.
- ● (also dittany of Crete) A dwarf shrub with white woolly leaves and pink flowers, native to Crete and Greece (Origanum dictamnus, family Labiatae). ● (also American dittany) An American herb used in cooking and herbal medicine (genus Cunila, family Labiatae). ● another term for gas plant
- Below them grow low-growing shrubs and ground covers, such as azaleas, dittany of Crete, ferns, and junipers.
- Several of these - sage, rosemary, thyme, horsebalm and mountain dittany - are rich in thymol and carvacrol, compounds that help muscles relax.
- Another interesting plant was Cunda origanoides (dittany), seen by many of the participants, including the trip leader, for the first time.
Definition of dittany in:
- British & World English dictionary