Definition of ditzy in English:
adjectiveNorth American informal
Silly or scatterbrained: don’t tell me my ditzy secretary didn’t send you an invitation!
More example sentences
- And just because I'm blonde and a cheerleader doesn't mean that I'm stupid and ditzy.
- She liked her message, even if it was sort of stupid and ditzy.
- She seemed more giddy, ditzy and seemed entirely too comfortable with the current crowd of males she was attracting.
1970s: of unknown origin.
- Example sentences
- And likewise, I try to remain a little distant and aloof, and not reveal too much of myself and my ditziness.
- Flo is tall, angular and stately, a fascinating mixture of formal hauteur and bohemian ditziness.
- Her episodes of what I can only call ‘ditsiness’ are the stuff of family legends and tonight she surpassed herself.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan