adjectiveNorth American informal
Silly or scatterbrained: don’t tell me my ditzy secretary didn’t send you an invitation!
More example sentences
- And just because I'm blonde and a cheerleader doesn't mean that I'm stupid and ditzy.
- She liked her message, even if it was sort of stupid and ditzy.
- She seemed more giddy, ditzy and seemed entirely too comfortable with the current crowd of males she was attracting.
1970s: of unknown origin.
- More example sentences
- And likewise, I try to remain a little distant and aloof, and not reveal too much of myself and my ditziness.
- Flo is tall, angular and stately, a fascinating mixture of formal hauteur and bohemian ditziness.
- Her episodes of what I can only call ‘ditsiness’ are the stuff of family legends and tonight she surpassed herself.