Definition of diverse in English:
Showing a great deal of variety; very different: a culturally diverse population subjects as diverse as architecture, language teaching, and the physical sciences
More example sentences
- Three sample areas are given to the above right, each of which is most diverse in a different way.
- The country is ethnically diverse, indicated by its four language groups.
- An increasing number of students are from racially/ethnically diverse backgrounds.
Middle English: variant of divers.
- Example sentences
- I've written quite diversely on anything that I'm interested in - and I'm interested in quite a lot of things.
- It was not just an unimpeded sound, but a diversely focused one.
- Its countryside is rated by some as being some of the most diversely scenic in the United Kingdom, yet do we care?
Words that rhyme with diverseamerce, asperse, averse, biodiverse, burse, coerce, converse, curse, Erse, hearse, immerse, intersperse, nurse, perse, perverse, purse, reimburse, submerse, terce, terse, transverse, verse, worse
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan