Definition of divination in English:
The practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.
- It was her involvement in astronomy and astrology that purportedly aligned her with black magic and divination.
- They are far simpler than tarot but have great power in both divination and practical magick.
- All such forms of divination seem to be based on sympathetic magic and cold reading.
- Example sentences
- One would think that, on the basis of that commonality, invoking Scathach and Odhinn for a divinatory ritual would present no problems.
- However, using an oracle or some divinatory method, we gain a wider perspective of The Now and can find the item/person.
- He provides a useful overview of divinatory techniques, astrology, and so on to demarcate these from precognition.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.