(also djellabah or jellaba)
- A loose hooded cloak, typically woolen, of a kind traditionally worn by Arabs.More example sentences
- In cold weather, many men cover their jellabas with a hooded cloak called a burnus.
- Clearly amused, a young lad peered at me through the hood of his woollen djellaba.
- The door opened and five women filed in, as if in a play, all dressed identically: grey jellabas, white scarves concealing hair and foreheads, gloves, pale faces devoid of all makeup.
early 19th century: from Moroccan Arabic jellāba, jellābiyya.
More definitions of djellabaDefinition of djellaba in:
- The British & World English dictionary