- A device to which a portable computer is connected so that it can be used like a desktop computer, with an external power supply, monitor, data transfer capability, etc..More example sentences
- If you need your computer to be a desktop, you pop the core into your desktop docking station.
- The analogy that Burns and his colleagues use when talking about attaching the body onto the chassis is snapping a notebook computer into a docking station.
- As I sit at the lawyers desk, I notice that the laptop is on a docking station.
More definitions of docking stationDefinition of docking station in:
- The British & World English dictionary