noun(also docklands) chiefly British
- The area containing a city’s docks: plans to redevelop London’s docklandsMore example sentences
- It was evident that the German airmen had used the smouldering fires of Saturday's raids to guide them, for the attacks were directed at the same area - London's dockland.
- Money is now more likely to go into quality office developments in the Dublin docklands and around the city quays over the next two to three years.
- The authorities located the stadium in the city's docklands in an effort to revitalise Melbourne's failing west side.
More definitions of docklandDefinition of dockland in:
- The British & World English dictionary