- A documentary, usually produced for television and having elements of soap opera, following people in a particular occupation or location over a period of time.More example sentences
- The cheap, shouty, schedule-packers which include talk shows and docusoaps, quiz shows and lifestyle-makeover or cookery slots all rely heavily on real people.
- As UK television churns out dismal sitcoms and docusoaps, the nation that invented trash TV is taking risks and winning.
- It was a startlingly original format, combining the popular docusoap and game show genres with the voyeuristic qualities of the webcam and closed-circuit television.
1990s: blend of documentary and soap (opera).
More definitions of docusoapDefinition of docusoap in:
- The British & World English dictionary