Definition of dog collar in English:
1A collar for a dog.
- Around his throat, a black leather dog collar with large silver spikes completed Sean's attire.
- A new digital dog collar with a Web-based data uplink aims to help owners ‘petwork’ with their dogs' favorite canine pals.
- The recent pink poof on his head and spiked dog collar added to the emulation of 70s punk rock gods.
1.1 informal term for clerical collar.
- Suffice to say that yesterday saw the start of advent, a fact which was noted by the visiting preacher at our Church yesterday, by the fact that he wore a purple shirt with his dog collar.
- And then he will perform a quick costume change before emerging in his dog collar and cassock to lead the ceremony.
- He also confirmed Aitken's plans to study theology but added: ‘Let's scotch this rumour that he's going to get a dog collar round his neck and go off to the Church.’
Definition of dog collar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan