- A predatory marine mollusk that typically occurs on the shore or in shallow waters.
More example sentences
- Family Nassaridae, class Gastropoda: Nucella and other genera
- Lermond distributed mementoes which featured a picture of the dog whelk.
- The scientist looked at imposex in the dog whelk, a common snail along the coast of New South Wales.
- Perforated cowrie shell beads and a boar's tusk - both interpreted as items of jewellery - were found at Sand with lumps of ochre and a type of dog whelk which produces a purple dye.
More definitions of dog whelkDefinition of dog whelk in:
- The British & World English dictionary