Definition of dogbane in English:
A shrubby North American plant, typically having bell-shaped flowers and reputed to be poisonous to dogs.
- Genus Apocynum, family Apocynaceae: several species, including the common spreading dogbane (A. androsaemifolium)
- Blue stars are related to dogbanes, oleander, and periwinkles, and produce a similarly milky sap which can be messy.
- Tillage with a chisel plow, disk, or field cultivator may actually help spread perennials with creeping root systems, such as Canada thistle and hemp dogbane.
- Because some perennial broadleaf weeds, such as bindweeds, hemp dogbane, common milkweed, and Jerusalem artichoke, cannot be controlled effectively for relay intercropping, severely infested fields should be avoided.
Definition of dogbane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan