Definition of dogstail in English:
An Old World fodder grass with spiky flower heads.
- Genus Cynosurus, family Gramineae: several species, in particular crested dogstail (C. cristatus), a common pasture grass
- Three varieties of crested dogstail are agronomically recommendable: Ro novská, Tercie and Cristal.
- The day paddocks pasture was six years old and consisted of white clover, cocksfoot, dogstail, ryegrass, and cowgrass, it having had 7 ½ cwt. superphosphate in three years.
- The herbage consisted of bent grasses, crested dogstail, Yorkshire fog, Juncus spp., sedges and other species typical of poor pasture on acid soils.
Definition of dogstail in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan