- A plant of the lily family that has backward-curving pointed petals.
More example sentences
- Genus Erythronium, family Liliaceae: several species, in particular the trout lily of North America and the Eurasian E. dens-canis, with speckled leaves and pinkish-purple flowers
- Here grew the dogtooth violet, early saxifrage and many other wildflowers.
- The maiden-hair ferns caressed her as she walked by them, and the dogtooth violets seemed to beg her to pick them.
- As spring moves up the mountains you will find Pasque flowers, dogtooth violets and arnica's among the earliest.