- 1Give (money or goods) for a good cause, for example to a charity: the proceeds will be donated to an AIDS awareness charityMore example sentences
- Last year's winner received his cash scholarship and was also able to donate money to a charity that helps students pay for their schooling.
- He donated large sums of money to charity and established scholarship trusts to help Asian students come to Scotland to study.
- If you're doing a promotion that involves donating money to a charity, send it to the business section of your local paper.
- 1.1Allow the removal of (blood or an organ) from one’s body for transplantation, transfusion, or other use.More example sentences
- As a further precaution, should previously transfused people not be allowed to donate blood?
- This led to a ban on people who have received a blood transfusion since January 1980 donating blood in the future.
- These steps include not donating blood, tissue or organs, and ensuring they tell their doctors and dentists if they undergo treatment in future.
- More example sentences
- The shortfall is expected to be met by income generated from corporate supporters and by public donators, who have already donated nearly £25,000.
- Thanks goes out to all those who took part on a freezing Saturday morning and also to all donators and well-wishers along the route.
- Church officials say they are moved by the response and that the donators included someone on income support who sent £5 with an apology that they could not send more.
late 18th century: back-formation from donation.