Definition of donation in English:
1Something that is given to a charity, especially a sum of money: a tax-deductible donation of $200
More example sentences
- On Wednesday the school sent a letter to parents asking for donations and the money started to flood in.
- Many of his sponsors doubled their donations, and the money was presented last Friday.
- In addition, our charitable trust provides donations to national and local causes.
1.1The action of donating something.
- New artefacts are being brought in all the time either by donation or bequest.
- The event saw a brief presentation on eye donation followed by a question and answer session.
- We know that many relatives say no to organ donation simply because they do not know what their loved one would have wanted.
Words that rhyme with donationablation, aeration, agnation, Alsatian, Amerasian, Asian, aviation, cetacean, citation, conation, creation, Croatian, counterdemonstration, counterproliferation, crustacean, curation, Dalmatian, delation, dilation, duration, elation, fixation, Galatian, geolocation, glocalization, gyration, Haitian, halation, Horatian, ideation, illation, lavation, legation, libation, location, lunation, mutation, natation, nation, negation, notation, nutation, oblation, oration, ovation, potation, relation, rogation, rotation, Sarmatian, sedation, Serbo-Croatian, station, staycation, taxation, Thracian, vacation, vexation, vocation, zonation
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia