- An aromatic herb of the parsley family, native to China and Japan, the root of which is used to treat premenstrual syndrome, menstrual cramps, menopausal symptoms, and other gynecological complaints.
More example sentences
- Angelica sinensis, family Umbelliferae
- This also is true of many herbal tablets, capsules and extracts, including black or blue cohosh, ephedra, dong quai, feverfew, juniper, pennyroyal, St. John's wort, rosemary and thuja.
- Herbal medications that may increase the risk of bleeding if used concurrently with ginkgo include the following: feverfew, garlic, ginseng, dong quai, red clover, and other natural coumarins.
- Do bust-enhancing supplements that contain herbs like black cohosh, dong quai, and saw palmetto work?
More definitions of dong quaiDefinition of dong quai in:
- The British & World English dictionary