Definition of dong quai in English:
An aromatic herb of the parsley family, native to China and Japan, the root of which is used to treat premenstrual syndrome, menstrual cramps, menopausal symptoms, and other gynecological complaints.
- Angelica sinensis, family Umbelliferae
- This also is true of many herbal tablets, capsules and extracts, including black or blue cohosh, ephedra, dong quai, feverfew, juniper, pennyroyal, St. John's wort, rosemary and thuja.
- Herbal medications that may increase the risk of bleeding if used concurrently with ginkgo include the following: feverfew, garlic, ginseng, dong quai, red clover, and other natural coumarins.
- Do bust-enhancing supplements that contain herbs like black cohosh, dong quai, and saw palmetto work?
Definition of dong quai in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan