Definition of donor in English:
1A person who donates something, especially money to a fund or charity: an anonymous donor has given $25 [as modifier]: loans from rich donor countries
More example sentences
- The charity specializes in using donor money to buy people in developing world animals from cows to camels and everything in between.
- The bit we like best is the idea that tax relief is available today for money that donors agree to bequeath to charities on their death.
- The expectation of the donors was that charities receiving the funds would disburse the money to needy victims just as quickly.
1.1A person who provides blood for transfusion, semen for insemination, or an organ or tissue for transplantation.
- Before death, the organ donor received several transfusions of blood products.
- A device to make the organs of brain-dead donors more suitable for transplant will be evaluated in a government-funded study.
- The majority of the healthy control subjects were healthy blood donors, and the others were organ transplant donors.
1.2 Chemistry An atom or molecule that provides electrons in forming a coordinate bond.
- Nitrates act as donors of nitric oxide, a molecule with a recognized potential for genotoxicity.
- Carbenes can act as electron donors in chemical reactions.
- Some of the molecules are donors and others acceptors.
Words that rhyme with donorArizona, Barcelona, condoner, corona, Cremona, Desdemona, Fiona, groaner, Iona, Jonah, kroner, Leona, loaner, loner, moaner, Mona, owner, Pamplona, persona, postponer, Ramona, stoner, toner, Valona, Verona, Winona
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan