- North American A trivial ornament or gadget, especially one whose name the speaker does not know or cannot recall: the latest electronic doodadsMore example sentences
- My shooting bags are often filled to overflowing with bulky gadgets and doodads designed to make ‘range time’ more user-friendly.
- The reason is simple - they're easy to use and operate, with no complicated doodads or gadgets to get in the way, break or get bent out of line.
- Despite my fondness for electronic doodads, computer upgrades and the like, I have always resisted the idea.
early 20th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of doodadDefinition of doodad in:
- The British & World English dictionary