noun (plural doofuses)North American • informal
- A stupid person.More example sentences
- So I'm not saying that you're wrong, exactly, that we shouldn't portray men as doofuses as often as we do; I just think that the cure is probably worse than the disease.
- If you happen to be short-waisted as well, you look like a doofus with your blouse tucked in.
- He got to help the White House wiggle out of unpleasant moments by asking questions worthy of a doofus.
1960s: perhaps an alteration of goofus, or from Scots doof 'dolt'.
More definitions of doofusDefinition of doofus in:
- The British & World English dictionary