- Releasing or involving dopamine as a neurotransmitter. Drugs with this effect are used in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and some psychiatric disorders; some are subject to abuse.More example sentences
- Its primary actions alter both the dopaminergic and the opioid systems as well as other neurotransmitter systems.
- Those who had taken levodopa or a dopaminergic agonist in the preceding two months were excluded.
- Effects of glucocorticoids on dopaminergic activity are also strongly context and regionally dependent.
1960s: from dopamine + Greek ergon 'work' + -ic.
More definitions of dopaminergicDefinition of dopaminergic in:
- The British & World English dictionary