(also double dutch)
- North American A jump-rope game played with two long jump ropes swung in opposite directions so that they cross rhythmically: [as adverb]: three girls jumped double Dutch, the white cords whirring like an electric fanMore example sentences
- It was a time when racial discrimination wasn't as subtle, when Motown music filled the air, when young girls jumped double Dutch, ate Squirrel Nuts and Brown Cow candies and washed down the sticky sweets with NEHI sodas.
- I used to jump double Dutch when I was your age.
- We were 8 or 9 at the time, and when not jumping double Dutch or playing beauty parlor, Valeria and I would spend hours on the stoop of my family's Brooklyn brownstone swapping elaborate stories about Larry.
More definitions of double DutchDefinition of double Dutch in:
- The British & World English dictionary