Definition of double bogey in English:
A score of two strokes over par for a hole.
- But then came a bogey at the eighth, a double bogey two holes later and further bogeys at the 12th and 14th.
- Thus composed, I was able to scramble for a double bogey on the final hole, beating my opponent's triple.
- The USGA system requires you to post no more than a double bogey on any hole if your handicap is 9 or less.
verb(double-bogey) [with object] Back to top
Complete (a hole) in two strokes over par.
- Playing with him that day, I could see how nervous he was after he double-bogeyed the first hole and then tripled the second.
- The 29-year-old winner of last year's Challenge Tour returned to the tee, double-bogeyed the hole and, with a 69, dropped to joint seventh place.
- The English pair are seven under and six under par respectively after Little double-bogeyed the final hole.
Definition of double bogey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.