- A chemical bond in which two pairs of electrons are shared between two atoms.More example sentences
- This is in contrast with most electrophilic additions to carboncarbon double bonds, and with nucleophilic substitutions at saturated carbon atoms.
- The benzene molecule is a six-carbon ring with alternating single and double bonds between the carbon atoms.
- Organic sulfates are esters and are formed by reacting an alcohol with cold sulfuric acid or by the reaction of sulfuric acid with a double bond in an alkene.
More definitions of double bondDefinition of double bond in:
- The British & World English dictionary