- (Of a jacket or coat) having a substantial overlap of material at the front and showing two rows of buttons when fastened.More example sentences
- Window displays at the front of the factory - where headless dummies sport double-breasted jackets, tweed blazers and camel-hair coats - belie what is happening inside.
- Standing in three-quarter view and close to the frame of the picture, he sports a silky top hat, brown double-breasted coat, flower in his button hole and cravat speared by a tie pin.
- To fasten a double-breasted overcoat, you'll have to lap one edge of the front well over the other.
More definitions of double-breastedDefinition of double-breasted in:
- The British & World English dictionary