Definition of double date in English:
A social outing in which two couples participate.
- His eyes flashed from me to Ryan then to Danielle, ‘Mitchell dragged me along on another double date.’
- Whenever Ashley is in New York and me too, we can schedule another double date like this.
- It was supposed to be a double date, but the couple that they had come with wanted to have their own table, so now here Greg was, getting to have his first one on one dinner date with the girl of his dreams.
verb[no object] (double-date) Back to top
1Take part in a double date.
- In high school we double-dated, built snow caves, climbed the local crags.
- They double-date, drink, work out their romantic pitfalls, and have a good time.
- Remember that for every boy she snags, he's got a whole crew of friends who can double-date with you.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan