Definition of double-digit in English:
(Of a number, variable, or percentage) between 10 and 99: double-digit inflation
More example sentences
- Firms with questionable numbers see their stock prices fall by double-digit percentages.
- He expects earnings to grow by double-digit figures in the first half of the current financial year.
- For several years in a row, the retail costs of heating oil and natural gas have seen double-digit percentage increases.
noun(double digits) North American Back to top
another term for double figures.
- Unemployment in the high-tech sector remains stubbornly in double digits.
- He won't reveal the fund's returns, saying only that they've averaged in the double digits since its launch in 2000.
- Unemployment that should hover around 5-6 per cent gradually moves to double digits.
Definition of double-digit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan