Definition of double-digit in English:
(Of a number, variable, or percentage) between 10 and 99: double-digit inflation
More example sentences
- Firms with questionable numbers see their stock prices fall by double-digit percentages.
- He expects earnings to grow by double-digit figures in the first half of the current financial year.
- For several years in a row, the retail costs of heating oil and natural gas have seen double-digit percentage increases.
noun(double digits) North American Back to top
another term for double figures.
- Unemployment in the high-tech sector remains stubbornly in double digits.
- He won't reveal the fund's returns, saying only that they've averaged in the double digits since its launch in 2000.
- Unemployment that should hover around 5-6 per cent gradually moves to double digits.
Definition of double-digit in:
- British & World English dictionary