- 1US A gold coin worth twenty dollars.More example sentences
- Even the minting of gold coins such as the gold eagles; or the coinage of a gold ‘dollar’; or the coining of the magnificent gold double eagles, leaves out a great amount of very important monetary history and policy.
- Yes, a double eagle coin struck in obsidian - quite rare and priceless - donated by a Diplomacy-playing numismatist.
- The 1933 gold Double Eagle coin has seen its share of jeopardy in a history that could have come straight from The Maltese Falcon.
- 2 Golf A score of three strokes under par at a hole.More example sentences
- And holes such as the 500-yard par-five 15th, where he made his historical double eagle by holing out a four wood, are now reached in two with a six iron.
- The Golf Guru prefers the latter, more colorful term - if two under on a hole isn't called a double birdie, why should three under be called a double eagle?
- A hole-in-two on a par 5 for a double eagle is harder because a player has to hit an accurate long drive on a first shot and a perfect second shot.
More definitions of double eagleDefinition of double eagle in:
- The British & World English dictionary