Definition of double glazing in English:
Windows that have two layers of glass with a space between them, designed to reduce loss of heat and exclude noise.
- Argon is a poorer conductor of heat than air, and so using it to maintain the pressure between the panes results in less heat loss than air-filled double glazing.
- In warm climates, where summertime heat gain is the main concern, look for windows with double glazing and spectrally selective coatings that reduce heat gain.
- The kitchens are all fully fitted, there are also; luxurious sofas, telephone, central heating, double glazing, French windows, large screen TV and video.
- Example sentences
- For maximum energy efficiency, windows are double-glazed and argon gas-filled.
- Most of the windows were double-glazed; the patio doors, however, were not.
- Or you could all turn down your air conditioning and double-glaze your windows at home to saw the winter heating bills.
Definition of double glazing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan