Windows that have two layers of glass with a space between them, designed to reduce loss of heat and exclude noise.
- Argon is a poorer conductor of heat than air, and so using it to maintain the pressure between the panes results in less heat loss than air-filled double glazing.
- In warm climates, where summertime heat gain is the main concern, look for windows with double glazing and spectrally selective coatings that reduce heat gain.
- The kitchens are all fully fitted, there are also; luxurious sofas, telephone, central heating, double glazing, French windows, large screen TV and video.
- Example sentences
- For maximum energy efficiency, windows are double-glazed and argon gas-filled.
- Most of the windows were double-glazed; the patio doors, however, were not.
- Or you could all turn down your air conditioning and double-glaze your windows at home to saw the winter heating bills.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: dou·ble glaz·ing
Definition of double glazing in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.