- The use of twice the usual number of bits to represent a number, giving greater arithmetic accuracy.More example sentences
- My binary math is a little rusty, but that limit seems to correspond to 32-bit double precision real arithmetic.
- When writing software, this can be achieved by using statistical software or a programming language offering double precision rather than a spreadsheet, and by obtaining error estimates using the methods reviewed in this paper.
- The type is notorious because of its single precision overflow behavior, so most people end up using even when double precision is not required.
More definitions of double precisionDefinition of double precision in:
- The British & World English dictionary