Definition of dove tree in English:
A slender deciduous Chinese tree with flowers that bear large white bracts said to resemble doves' wings, grown as an ornamental.
- Davidia involucrata, family Nyssaceae
- Many of the plants are endangered species, including the dove tree and the ginkgo.
- Davidia involucrata is commonly called the ‘handkerchief tree ‘or the ‘dove tree‘.
- Known as a ‘gene bank for wild and rare animals and plants,’ the park is home to endangered species, such as giant pandas, snub-nosed monkeys and dove trees.
Definition of dove tree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan