Definition of down-to-earth in English:
With no illusions or pretensions; practical and realistic: a down-to-earth view of marriage
More example sentences
- It doesn't actually matter how practical and down-to-earth a mother might be.
- We're not big, really, but I'm so glad to have Vince, because he's down-to-earth and realistic.
- It is tough going but the tutors are excellent - good, practical and down-to-earth.
- Example sentences
- She decided to play - she decided there was something about her personality that felt quite close to her, maybe a down-to-earthness and a simplicity.
- Like all great music, Beatles songs give voice to an intense sense of possibility and do so with an economy, a down-to-earthness and a wryness that remain wonderfully invigorating.
- It is also delivered with an awful lot of charisma, passion and down-to-earthness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan