(Of music) having a relatively slower beat.
- Drawing from the shallow well of downtempo techno mood music, none of Lubricate Your Living-Room's eighteen tracks dare to grab you, or even pluck up enough courage to ask if you wouldn't mind paying attention for just a brief moment.
- Moving rapidly from downtempo jazz noodling into a languid breakbeat and finally full-on drum & bass, they launch into a live, and hence loud, barrage of sound.
- The next song, the title track, melds another downtempo beat with a gentle guitar melody.
A genre of electronic dance music with influences from jazz, bossa nova, and dub reggae.
- In each case, the female vocalists is up front, and the bed of multiplicitous beats incorporates downtempo, acid jazz, nu jazz and house.
- As a newcomer to the Ninja Tune family, England's Treva Whateva decided to cover the spectrum of DJ-based music starting with ragga-jungle, downtempo, breaks, disco and hip-hop - to name a few.
- In a desperate attempt to maintain some sense of relevance, many of the best ethereal bands went on to try their hand at fleeting trends - trip hop and downtempo - or waited out the passing storm by simply disappearing - Kevin Shields.
Words that rhyme with downtempotempo, uptempo
Definition of downtempo in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.