Definition of downy mildew in English:
Mildew on a plant that is marked by a whitish down composed of spore-forming hyphae, penetrating more deeply into the plant than powdery mildew.
- Family Peronosporaceae, subdivision Mastigomycotina
- Both powdery mildew and downy mildew often infect squash plants as autumn nights grow cooler and dew keeps the foliage moist through the night.
- Climatic conditions are conducive to the development of several major grape diseases, including: black rot, downy mildew and powdery mildew.
- On cultivars highly susceptible to downy mildew and powdery mildew, some post harvest application may be required to protect foliage and prevent premature defoliation.
Definition of downy mildew in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan