Definition of downy mildew in English:
Mildew on a plant that is marked by a whitish down composed of spore-forming hyphae, penetrating more deeply into the plant than powdery mildew.
- Family Peronosporaceae, subdivision Mastigomycotina
- Both powdery mildew and downy mildew often infect squash plants as autumn nights grow cooler and dew keeps the foliage moist through the night.
- Climatic conditions are conducive to the development of several major grape diseases, including: black rot, downy mildew and powdery mildew.
- On cultivars highly susceptible to downy mildew and powdery mildew, some post harvest application may be required to protect foliage and prevent premature defoliation.
Definition of downy mildew in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.